When I first moved to The Woodlands, I met a girl at the YMCA. She told me about a Ladies Class at her church that was designed for new women in the area. She thought I should try it out.
The class was based on the book "After the Boxes are Unpacked" by Susan Miller, and each week we would discuss a chapter or two and try to figure out where we were spiritually and emotionally in the moving process. We would also discuss the perils of moving---how easy it is to get lost, good doctors and restaurants, missing loved ones back home, and helping the family adjust to the move.
The 'Boxes' Class was a true blessing. I made so many friends from everywhere you could imagine---Russia, New Jersey, Florida, South Africa, Louisiana, England, and Mississippi.
I am disappointed that our weekly meetings are over, but I hope to continue the friendships I have made with some very special ladies.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
After the Boxes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so proud of you Jamie...You went "Out the Box" to make new friends.
I guess we should thank you because now you have brought two new families into our lives who have not seemed to mind our CRAZINESS!!
Post a Comment