On Friday night we went to our church for "Scream on the Green." They had many family friendly activities for us to enjoy. The kids loved the Hay Maze--the boys stayed in it the entire evening. All the parents agreed it was the best $5 we have ever spent!!
And it wouldn't be Texas without some kind of BBQ buffet.
Then, the DJ taught the crowd how to dance to "Thriller"--it was hilarious. Callie and Samantha had so much fun learning the moves.
Little Cole Man was dancing, too--his 'zombie' moves were priceless.
On Saturday my school hosted its Carnival.
They had tons of inflatables, so my team teacher (and friend) Stephanie thought it would be a blast to joust each other. Our students thought it was great!!
Then the big event of the day. The two teachers who had the most student votes had to race each other on the GIANT inflatable Ironman Obstacle Course. Well it figures I get picked to race against the 25 year old teacher, with no kids who trains to run MARATHONS--I didn't have a prayer. I really did try my best but she whipped my butt. I just couldn't climb over that dang wall---the boys said that half the crowd left after Miss Galvin won--they said it was taking me too long to finish!!! Some of my students told me later, "Don't worry, Mrs. Straughan, we still love you."
On Sunday we went to Jesse and Allie's (originally from NOLA) to watch the Saints game. We ;had a wonderful brunch complete with mimosas and bloody mary's--it felt like home!!
It was just a perfect weekend--I couldn't ask for more.
.jpg)
.jpg)







2 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend, much better than our swine infested weekend!
That is hysterical you had to race a young, marathon runner. That does figure!
Yea, I would have liked to see that!
Post a Comment