Sunday, July 29, 2007

New Addition Not Off to the Best Start

Well, we did go visit the Goodnights and Abneys in Texas last week and I would LOVE to post pictures. . .but I can't. The day after we returned from Texas, the construction crew showed up to form up the new addition. However, my excitement about the project was short lived. It seems that the guys cut the power line going to our house. The power company came to reconnect power but when we reset the fuses-- all kinds of hell broke loose! My treadmill started smoking, the computer fried out, the refrigerator blew, and the freakin' garage door won't operate. For those of you who know me so well. I'm sure you can just imagine how well I handled these issues---ESPECIALLY the week before school starts! But since this is a family blog, I'll save the #$*@!%# foul language for later. Anyway, the computer parts have been ordered and I am using the Gandy computer right now. Hopefully, my life will return to normal soon---well not NORMAL, we are the Straughans, but you now what I mean!! Hopefully we'll get these *()#$ $@%(@%)#% contractors to get the job done right and I'll be able to use my computer again!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Man, that sucks! Is there anything we can do to help?

the goodnights said...

Nanny, we are so sorry you guys are having all these problems. You know what this means.........pack them up and move them out!

I hope your first week of school has gotten off to a good start...we miss you guys!