Well, we made it through Hurricane Ike. The kids and I went back to school today.
We were lucky enough to escape Hurricane Ike's winds; however, our friends Becky and Trevor were not so lucky. A large oak tree literally broke in half and crashed on--rather through---their house.
Here's Jake helping out---he 's sweeping out the flooded waters from the busted water pipe.
The tree went through the top floor and pushed down on the main floor destroying everything.
The master bathroom---this is all the soggy insulation.
The kids and I ended up flying to Louisiana to stay with Mom and Dad. Chad met us there later in the week. We spent my birthday watching the LSU game with Mom, Dad, and Mrs. Linda.
Also, I received awesome news from Katy, Texas. Kristin and Craig Abney welcomed their third child, a healthy baby boy on my birthday---how cool! Here's the proud Momma and big sisters. Ashleigh and Ryleigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment