Chad and I had been waiting all week to take the kids to the Conroe Catfish Festival. We read up on the vendors and found out that many businesses from Louisiana would be there. We were so excited--we wanted REAL seafood! Well, upon arrival we went straight for a Baton Rouge vendor selling Shrimp Po-Boys----what a disappointment! The shrimp (all FIVE of them) had pretty good flavor, but it was served on a hot dog bun--and THAT wasn't even toasted!
We were upset, but decided to walk around and enjoy our day.

The boys had their hair spray painted. Jake went for Purple and Gold and
Mace choose Black and Gold.
Mace choose Black and Gold.

This was toward the end of the day. The kids were getting tired and I was getting aggravated--somehow the Catfish Fest had turned into the Freak Fest---it was starting to look like Wal-Mart on a Friday Night!


2 comments:
Well, it sounds like the kids still had fun even with the freaks and lousy shrimp poboys.
I love Mace and Jake's hair!
The hair is cool! Has it washed out yet? I don't think anyone over here knows what a shrimp poboy is!
Post a Comment