Thursday, February 19, 2009

Science Projects

This week, the boys' science class is discussing the life cycle. They each had to create a unique way to present the information learned. The project was created at home--this is actually the first school project that they did NOT want my help. (I know, they're getting so big--I hate it.)

Anyway, Jake made a mobile---he drew individual pictures demonstrating each stage of the life cycle--it was really cute. (Sorry, but I forgot to take a picture of it before he turned it in.)

Mason went another route---he created an interview between himself and "Bob the Caterpillar." He made up all the questions and answers.

Here's the final product:

Interviewer Mason: How was it being in the first stage? An egg?
Bob the Caterpillar: It was ok. A lot of transforming going on.

Interviewer Mason: What was the first thing you saw when you came out your egg?
Bob the Caterpillar: I saw a big juicy leaf and I dove into it.

Interviewer Mason: Have your eating habits changed?
Bob the Caterpillar: Yes they have. I’m now eating 5 leaves a day.

Interviewer Mason: What would you think it would be like in a pupa?
Bob the Caterpillar: It’s going to be hard because I won’t have anyone to comfort me.

Interviewer Mason: What do you think you would do inside your pupa?
Bob the Caterpillar: I might bring a comic book with me.

Interviewer Mason: What is the first thing you will do as a butterfly?
Bob the Caterpillar: I will find something to eat and brag to my friends.

Interviewer Mason: What do you think it would be like to fly in an open area?
Bob the Caterpillar: I think it would be good to fly wherever I want.

Interviewer Mason: What color do you want to be?
Bob the Caterpillar: I want to be red, white, and blue. The colors of America.

Interviewer Mason: What is your favorite food now and do you know what would be your favorite food as a butterfly?
Bob the Caterpillar: I like leaves now and I might like nectar from a daisy.

Interviewer Mason: So do you plan on having kids?
Bob the Caterpillar: WOW! When did kids come into this?

2 comments:

Michele said...

Jake is so creative and Mason is so funny! He must have picked up the freaked out kid vibe from his mom!

Julie and Tory said...

That is so cute! Yes, Mason has definitely picked up on your personality.