We arrived late in the afternoon, so our first day of vacation was spent exploring the area. Unfortunately our hotel was located on the wrong side of the interstate, so we had to travel by tram to get downtown.

San Antonio's Riverwalk was just incredible. Thankfully there was plenty of shade for us to enjoy--it was pretty HOT!! Personally I was taken away by all the beautiful foliage along the Riverwalk--simply amazing.

On Day 2 we went tubing on the Guadalupe River--it was so much fun!! We took a water camera with us, so hopefully I'll have those pictures soon.

On Day 3 we spent all day downtown. Due to discount prices, Callie's age varied throughout the trip--yes, we were able to sneak her in one museum as a 3 year old!! Callie would ask Chad how old she was supposed to be for each attraction--as if the girl isn't confused enough!! Surprisingly, she took it all in stride--her favorite saying of the trip was, "For Freeeeeee!" and she would make a crazy face (from Adam Sandler's Bedtime Stories).
Here she is with Chad making that dang face--she was cracking us up!!
Here she is with Chad making that dang face--she was cracking us up!!

Walking around downtown--heading to the Alamo. I was impressed with the boys' knowledge of the Battle. They had Texas History in 4th Grade, so they really enjoyed seeing all the artifacts.

We took a Riverboat Tour later that day.

One of the boys' requests was to go to the Guiness Museum.

The boys with the World's Heaviest Person

Chad "The Fat Man"

On Day 4, we went to Schlitterbahn Water Park--definitely the best day of all!! Again, those pics are on the water camera--I hope to have them soon.

3 comments:
I want to go to Schlitter??? (I don't know how to spell it)
Looks like ya'll had a fun family vacation!
I am glad ya'll had a good time!
I know it was hot!! Glad you guys had a good trip. Looks like everyone had a good time.
Post a Comment