Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School

Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks for our gang. I have been trying to get my new classroom ready. Thank you so much Mom and Dad for taking the kids for a week. I couldn't have gotten all this done with the kiddos running around. Aslo, thank you to my hubby--you have been a great stay-at-home Dad!! Thank you for your help and for doing the laundry ALL WEEK---I'm impressed!!

Here's a few pictures of my classroom before and after.



We also had a few fun events going on these past weeks, too. We went to a BBQ hosted by my new school. It was on a farm and the boys had a good time riding horses.

I traveled to Katy for Kristin Abney's Baby Shower. They are expecting a baby boy in September. I'm hoping he'll come near my birthday--just NOT the night I celebrate it!!

Callie went to Powell Elementary to meet her Kindergarten teacher. She looked so tiny sitting in her desk with her big brown eyes. I am more upset about her starting kindergarten than I thought I would be. My baby is getting so big (well older). Here she is standing in front of her new school.

Becky, Terri, Ms. Barbara (aka MeeMaw) went to the Outlet Mall on 290 for some Back to School sales---it was so much fun. My dear friend Becky has 'Baby Fever' quite bad and is already scoping out possible diaper bags---sorry Trevor, I think you 'll be purchasing a Burberry Diaper Bag soon.
We also had time to catch a Dave Matthews Concert with Brandon'Yogi' , Terri and Brad "Man-pris"---the show put on by the Foster Brothers was WAY better than Dave :-)

"I LOVE YOU, DAVE!"

So, as you can see, we've been busy. That probably explains why I slept for almost 14 hours on Saturday!! Oh, yes, it's back to school for me!!!!

5 comments:

The Abney Family said...

The classroom looks awesome! I hope you have a great first week at school! Let us know how Callie does with her first day.

Michele said...

Wow, did you have to buy all that stuff for your classroom?

Good luck at school everyone! I guess this is the time when you go back to not answering your phone?

Julie and Tory said...

Looks great Jamie! I'm very impressed with your creativity!

the goodnights said...

Your classroom looks so great! I had no idea what went into being a teacher...I hope your students know how lucky they are to have such a fantastic teacher!!

Callie, Mason, and Jacob, we wish you a wonderful school year.

Terri Foster said...

The classroom looks great. Good luck to all of you this school year. Just a few adjustments to get used too. So how are we going to celebrate your bday?