Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

Since we had our Spring Break a few weeks ago, we were not able to go to NOLA to visit family for Easter this year. However we did have Good Friday off, so we enjoyed a nice long weekend at home.
As soon as Mace and Jake woke up Friday morning, they ate breakfast and bolted out the door. It usually begins with one kid 'making the rounds' --knocking on doors around the block.
Then they all gather in one spot with their air soft rifles. They spend the rest of the day running around shooting each other.

Funniest Story EVER----Their gang was recently banned from the park by the park rangers, so they had to find a new hangout---
the 10 - 11 year old boys were shooting pellets at young girls walking their dogs!


I tried to retrieve the boys around 3:00 pm--they had yet to eat lunch. I wasn't about to go into the woods, so I figured they would eventually come home when they got hungry.

Callie spent the day playing with her friend, Maya. Here she is once again torturing the poor animal. This time Callie was making Maya play the part of the PIRATE!
Poor kitty--I'm wondering if Maya was happier at the shelter!

Finally, Easter Sunday arrived. The kids awoke to baskets filled with goodies.


The Rookers came over for lunch after church. Mrs. Becky's little belly has certainly 'popped'!
Callie and Mrs. Becky
I think Callie is going to have some serious 'issues' once her buddy has her own
little girl to play with!

Chad and my boys posing--all three of them whined for the dang picture.
"Happy Faces, Everyone!"Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Michele said...

My gosh, I bet you don't ever see Mace and Jake this summer except for when you come to NOLA for a visit!

Happy Easter and school will be out before you know it!

Julie and Tory said...

I'm glad Callie is still enjoying her cat.

Becky looks cute! I can see Callie having issues - She stopped playing with me once Roo was born.