Sunday, May 31, 2009

Last Weeks of School

These last few weeks of school have been insane. We have had non-stop activities. It's been a lot of fun, but I'm ready to wrap up another school year.

About two
weeks ago, we took our students on a field trip to Ball Recycling Center in Conroe, Texas. The kids learned about the different aspects of recycling and how it helps our environment. It was pretty interesting--the bus ride WAS NOT!!


Also that week, Mace was co-host of the school's announcements. I tried to get a picture of him from the TV in my classroom.

The next day was Jake's turn.

Then two days later, our school had a Lock-In. I helped chaperone the event since Mason is in Cobra Council and had to be there all night anyway. Here I am with some kids from my classes. I did sing Kaoroke with them later.

A quick picture with my boys at the Lock-In before they took off.
It has been so nice to be at the same school as my boys.
I really have enjoyed this year with them.

Then this past week, our hallway entered a "Time Warp." We presented history lessons on the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. It was so much fun; the kids dressed up in their favorite decade, too.
Here's my teaching team from the 50s to the 80s.
On Friday, Jake received the Colossal Cobra Award. It is given to students of good character. (Mace isn't qualified to get it since he is a Cobra Council member.)
Then on Saturday, we took the Raffle Winners from our school's carnival to a matinee--we went to see the second Night at the Museum.
So, I'm hanging in there. One more week of school to go!
Summer is almost here and I am looking forward to lazy days!!

(Actually 'Summer Jamie' made an appearance last Saturday night and judging from Terri's pics--good times are coming!!)

2 comments:

Michele said...

my goodness your school sure has a lot of activities! just one more week and then lush, summer Jamie will be back!

boo boo said...

Way to go Callie - we are so proud of you!

Can't wait to see all of you!!