Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Yesterday we spent Mother's day here in Texas. Mother's Day can be tough for me--because I know that I am missing out on a special day with my mom and sisters. I hate when they do stuff without me.
Anyway, I didn't let it get me down for too long-- I had an amazing day with my crew. First Chad and the kids started my day with a wonderful breakfast in bed. Then we dressed to go to Lake Conroe to meet the Foster Crews for a day on the lake.
In this picture you can see all my beautiful tulips--last week was Teacher Appreciation Week, and my students spoiled me. Then I came home and Chad and the kids bought me tulips, too. I still have some in my classroom--it's pretty amazing!



After lunch at Sam's Boat on the water, we loaded up the kids on Brad and Bethany's pontoon boat.
NOTE TO SELF: Even though I live in Texas, I absolutely CANNOT pull off a cowboy hat! I look like an idiot--I'm just going to stick to the baseball caps and visors! Sorry, Steph--I tried, but it's NOT happening!!
Brandon, Terri, Samantha and Cole Man!!

'Captain' Brad, Bethany, Maggie, and Harrison--thanks so much for a wonderful day.
Next time let's go without the Ole Miss flag!!
The girls
The boys were the first ones to tube behind the boat--they had a blast. And if you can believe it, Jake wanted to slow down and Mace wanted to go faster--very unusual!!
After all the kids had a turn--it was the big kid's turn. Chad's face in this one cracks me up!Brad tried to throw Chad off the tube several times--I captured video of his ride. I ended up turning the camera off because I didn't think he'd ever fall--then something told me to turn it back on. . . .

3 comments:

Julie and Tory said...

Very graceful, Chad!

We missed you Jamie! Glad u had a good Mother's Day.

The Abney Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!

Michele said...

that video was funny. who had more fun, the kids or the adults?

happy mother's day, Jamie!