This past weekend was The Woodland's Lighting of the Doves Ceremony. It has become one of our favorite events here, and I believe we have found a new tradition.
It is a family orientated event that kicks off the holiday season with booths, food, a snowhill and music. The kids' favorite part (and mine, too) is when Santa counts down and lights the doves--then a huge fireworks display goes off.


They also open an ice skating rink for the holidays. The boys are so much better this year than last---no walkers this year!


Since Chad's knee is still bothering him, I had the unfortunate privelege of skating with the boys---it's certainly not as easy as it looks. The boys basically just pulled me around the rink.
As you can imagine, everyone had a good giggle at my expense. I have to say it probably was pretty dang funny!


This was The Gandys last weekend in Texas. Uncle Tory has finished his therapy in Houston, so they are going back home. It may not have been the best circumstances, but it sure was nice to have some family around. We will miss you all---come back and visit us soon!



2 comments:
Looks like fun, and I wish I could have seen you on ice skates!
We will miss y'all! :(
Post a Comment