This past weekend, Chad and I enjoyed an incredible weekend in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. We started out in the French Quarter on Saturday. Chad and I walked around for most of the day taking in the different sites and people watching. . .it was awesome. We eventually found ourselves at St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square. We then continued walking around stopping at bars here and there. . .just enjoying our time together. We haven't had a weekend together in quite awhile, so it was nice to hang out with my hubby.
Here was one particular site that Chad enjoyed--it was a bunch of girls walking around with airbushed tops on! It was crazy--and COLD!!

Here we are at another 'bar-stop' I believe it was at this point that things started to get a little rowdy for us--we decided to start taking shots together.

Here I am back at the hotel after SEVERAL more stops and shots---it seems I made friends with the doormen. . . . .

as well as the security guard. 
The next night was the Bacchus Ball. Terri's father was nice enought to get us tickets for Sunday night's party. Neither one of us had been to a Mardi Gras Ball before, so we were pretty pumped. Here we are at the hotel two hours before the ball.
We met up with my sister Lindsey and her boyfriend, Butsie for a little while at the Bacchus Bash around the corner.
Later, the Fosters met up with us so we could walk to the Convention Center and start the festivities. (Even though Chad had officially started his own festivities a few hours earlier with Lindsey and Butsie)

The next night was the Bacchus Ball. Terri's father was nice enought to get us tickets for Sunday night's party. Neither one of us had been to a Mardi Gras Ball before, so we were pretty pumped. Here we are at the hotel two hours before the ball.

We met up with my sister Lindsey and her boyfriend, Butsie for a little while at the Bacchus Bash around the corner.
Later, the Fosters met up with us so we could walk to the Convention Center and start the festivities. (Even though Chad had officially started his own festivities a few hours earlier with Lindsey and Butsie)
The entrance to the Ball at the Convention Center.

Terri and I getting ready to start the fun.
Around 8:30 pm the NOPD started the parade in the Convention Center. They were soon followed by The Marine Corps and St. Aug's bands--they were so good.
Val Kilmer (Top Gun) was the King of Bacchus. We didn't see or hear too much from him that night. He seemed to enjoy himself throughout the parade route a little too much and couldn't even stand or give a speech by the time he rolled into the Convention Center.
One of the many floats of Bacchus--it was so loud and crazy. Drinks and food were flying off the tables while the riders threw to their family and friends.
After the parade, the music and dancing began. We heard performances from the TopKats, Three Dog Night, and Cowboy Mouth. The bands played until 4 am. Here's the guys shaking it on the dance floor.
Brandon and Chad decided to show off more of their moves.
And Oh Yes, they are BOTH biting their lips.
And it gets even better. . .
As you can see we had a blast. We are still recuperating . . .the 6 hour drive home SUCKED.
Special thanks to Mom and Dad for watching the kids for us. It meant so much to us that we could go and enjoy ourselves--sorry Callie ran a fever all weekend.
Another thanks to Terri and Brandon for arranging such a great weekend. We had an amazing time and are already planning next year's weekend---but next time, we're FLYING!

Around 8:30 pm the NOPD started the parade in the Convention Center. They were soon followed by The Marine Corps and St. Aug's bands--they were so good.

Val Kilmer (Top Gun) was the King of Bacchus. We didn't see or hear too much from him that night. He seemed to enjoy himself throughout the parade route a little too much and couldn't even stand or give a speech by the time he rolled into the Convention Center.

One of the many floats of Bacchus--it was so loud and crazy. Drinks and food were flying off the tables while the riders threw to their family and friends.

After the parade, the music and dancing began. We heard performances from the TopKats, Three Dog Night, and Cowboy Mouth. The bands played until 4 am. Here's the guys shaking it on the dance floor.

Brandon and Chad decided to show off more of their moves.
And Oh Yes, they are BOTH biting their lips.

And it gets even better. . .
As you can see we had a blast. We are still recuperating . . .the 6 hour drive home SUCKED.Special thanks to Mom and Dad for watching the kids for us. It meant so much to us that we could go and enjoy ourselves--sorry Callie ran a fever all weekend.
Another thanks to Terri and Brandon for arranging such a great weekend. We had an amazing time and are already planning next year's weekend---but next time, we're FLYING!
7 comments:
Great job on the dress - you look amazing!!! And good for Chad that you let 'the girls' out for a night of partying! So glad y'all had fun and got to get out of the house together!
...I'm so sad I missed Val Kilmer...I mean Batman was at your party! Drunk Batman, but Batman none the less! =)
We had a blast with you and Chad. Can't wait til next year!!!!!
WOW, I think that's the most of your upper body I've ever seen (you know, besides when you attempted to breastfeed the twins as babies, thereby scaring me for life)!
Looks like a blast!
What great pictures. It really looks like you guys had a blast!!
Those pics are hilarious! Leave it up to you to make friends with the doormen & security guard.
You know I was EXTREMELY self-sonscious about 'the girls' all night long. I never dress like that--now you know why--look at all the comments I'm getting.
(I knew I shouldn't have listened to LINDSEY)
Jamie next year I am getting you drunk so I can motorboat the "Ladies" we had a great time our Pics are on Facebook!!
Brandon
Post a Comment