Sunday, June 07, 2009

Ending the School Year on a Good Note

I just received a letter from one of my students. At the beginning of the year, she would cry every day because she was so terrified of the 'big intermediate school.' By the end of the year, she had many friends and enjoyed her days at school.

Hi Mrs. Straughan,
I will make sure not to misspell, since you are my spelling teacher. Thank you for the note! It was very sweet. I don't think I have matured that much this year, or maybe I have and I just don't know it???!! I will miss you a lot. Especially your candy jar. I will have to start buying more Twizzlers!! You are different from all the other teachers I have had. I am so glad for that, because I always get the same kind of teachers: Sit Down, Shut your mouth, and get your work done or ELSE!!!
That is not my kind of teacher!
I think that this year has been different for all of us. I think we made it through our First Year at Collins pretty well.
See you at school.

1 comment:

The Abney Family said...

Aww, how sweet?! I guess you made a good impression on that one.