Thursday, June 25, 2009

Vacation Home: Mammy and Paw Paw's

We had a great time at my Mom and Dad's while we were home. As soon as I arrived, Mom had seafood gumbo and boiled crabs waiting for me. Then the next day, Dad, Lindsey and I took the kids to get Po Boys and oysters---I was determined to get as much seafood in as possible!


PawPaw and the kids in downtown Covington

PawPaw's Little Men

I was glad to hang out with my sister Lindsey, too.
She's a good drinking buddy (even though I would crash at 10:30pm--sorry!!)

CHEERS!! Home Sweet Home!!


On Friday--we had our 2nd Annual Shrimp Fest. We tried to make it more political this year and let everyone vote for their top three favorite shrimp dishes. And as with EVERY election, ours also had a bit of 'controversy'--Paw Paw tried to fix the results in his favor :-)
The top three served (and one alternate per PawPaw's request) were: BBQ Shrimp, Blackened Shrimp, Fried Shrimp, and Shrimp and Corn Soup. Here's Mom with the 5 loaves of French Bread for all the shrimp dishes--we are very much CARBOHOLICS!!
Mammy and the kiddos

OK--I know that I favor my father's appearance--but I swear my Mom and I don't even look related!!


Well, it seems this visit proved to be as eventful as the rest. . . .

2 Overworked Dishwashers $

1 Malfunctioning Hot Tub $$

1 Damaged Shark Cleaner $$$

3 Broken Bottles of Wine $$$$

1 Broken Garage Door $$$$$


A visit from the Straughans. . . .PRICELESS????
(WELL, NOT FOR PAWPAW!!!)



4 comments:

the goodnights said...

WOW what a visit! The pics are great! You guys for sure leave a mark wherever you go...just one of the things we love about you!!!

The Abney Family said...

Food sounds awesome!! I miss that the most about Louisiana, can't find it around here. Looks like it was a unforgettable visit :)

Michele said...

That was hysterical!

boo boo said...

Poor Paw-Paw - Too Funny!